[wp-hackers] Two loops

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 17:44:16 UTC 2013

On 17/11/2013 00:11, hamlet wrote:
> Hello, I am the following issue:
>
> I am using a custom post type (it has support for comments)
> single-myPostType.php
>
>         if ( have_posts() ) {
>             while ( have_posts() ) {
>                 the_post();
>
>                 get_template_part('content', 'single-myCustomPostType');
>
>                 comments_template('', true);
>             }
>         }
> content-single-myCustomPostType.php
>
> (...)
>       $loop = wp_get_the_related(get_the_ID());
>       if ($loop->have_posts())
>         while ($loop->have_posts()) {
>           $loop->the_post();
>           get_template_part('content', 'related');
>         }
> (...)
>
> It is getting comment forms if some related has this options enabled.
> Any idea?

I'm happy to try and help you, but I read what you wrote 2-3 times and I
didn't understand what it was you was trying to explain, are you saying
you have a custom post type, and its showing the post but not the
comment form, or that its only showing the comment form when it has a
post that is related to the post being viewed ?