[wp-hackers] A tool to check whether the core files were tampered?

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Fri Nov 15 18:10:49 UTC 2013

Given the nature of most 'tampering' is to add in obfuscated code, I
just search for that. Or if I even remotely suspect it, delete core and
plugins, reinstall. it's not like it hurts my data.

It'd be nice if someone made a wp-cli-esque sort of scanner for this,
though, since in theory if that was baked in, they couldn't mess with
the scanner unless they had access to edit wp-cli (i.e. SU or root)