[wp-hackers] sessions and wordpress

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 11:59:48 UTC 2013

Hello,

Are the important consequences of using Sessions in WordPress?
If there are, could someone elaborate the most vital things to in  a few
sentences..

At the top of my head, I am thinking there might be some issues with
Sessions as far as scalability, code performance, multisite, or multiple
servers configurations... Not sure, if these concerns are valid though...

And in general, is avoiding the sessions considered "best-practice" in the
WordPress world?

as always, this question pertains to sites that gets heavy traffic.