[wp-hackers] php -v

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Fri Nov 8 17:24:03 UTC 2013

> What you see on that page is current and up-to-date. It's not counting every
> install in the world, or months-old installs, or inactive installs that
> nobody is visiting. It's built from just the API requests from the day
> before.

Yes, and this is good to know. But when many of us are saying "old
installs" we're referring to the 94.5% of WordPress installs that are less
than the current version.  3.7.1 is out, and the 3.7.X branch only makes up
~5.5% of the version chart.  How many of *those* installations are on older
versions of PHP.

According to those stats, more than a quarter of "active" sites are still
running WordPress 3.0 ... not being able to see juxtapose PHP versions and
WordPress versions makes it nearly impossible for anyone to create any sort
of conclusion based on this stats page, yet it's cited in every single "we
won't raise the minimum version" debate.