[wp-hackers] php -v

Baki Goxhaj banago at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 16:43:32 UTC 2013

That graph is very outdated. Look here instead:
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-php/5/all

Because I use a small class on my themes that requires 3.5, I've asked 10+
clients to upgrade PHP to more then 5.2 and the good news is all of them
have done so with no issue at all. It seems people still use 5.2 in many
hosts because that was pre-selected 3-4 years ago when the signed up.

I think WordPress can make a difference in this sphere by requiring at
least 5.3.

Kindly,

Baki Goxhaj
about.me/banago