[wp-hackers] Porting form MySQL to PDO

Vibhav Sinha vibhavsinha91 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 08:39:19 UTC 2013

I looked at the link. Most of the work done there for replacing the
depracated mysql_* extension to PDO. My objective in the project is going
to make use of the PDO class to enable support for multiple database
engines, so that the user can have the option of entering custom db engine
during the install. The project also aims at purifying the sql queries from
the database to be compatible to the db engine in use.

I have put this up as a proposal :
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/vibhavsinha/1
Please give your opinion on this project proposal.

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Marko Heijnen <mailing at markoheijnen.nl>wrote:

> Hey,
>
> It could be a really cool idea to play with. I do see patches on
> http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21663 but I'm unsure what the
> current state of that is.
> Did you look at that?
>
> Marko
>
> Op 3 mei 2013, om 12:19 heeft Vibhav Sinha <vibhavsinha91 at gmail.com> het
> volgende geschreven:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Wordpress is currently officially available only for MySQL database.
> There
> > is a strong demand for porting it to alternative databases especially
> using
> > PHP PDO class. There is an article on the topic at  :
> > http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Alternative_Databases . I am preparing
> > proposal to it as the deadline is quite near.
> > I like to know if this is a good enough project for GSOC 2013.
> > I would really apppreciate if you could provide some feedback.
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > --
> > *VIBHAV SINHA
> > Third Year undergraduate
> > Indian Institute of Technology Delhi*
> > http://www.webdweb.com/
> > http://reportbubble.webdweb.com/

*VIBHAV SINHA
Third Year undergraduate, Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi*