[wp-hackers] GSoC 2013 - Settings API project

Nicolás Badano nicobadano at gmail.com
Fri May 3 18:03:19 UTC 2013

Hey everyone!

I've finished putting together my GSoC application today, and thought I
would share it on the list too. It sure seems there's a lot of activity
here with the deadline so near, but it makes sense anyway to drop by and
post it.

In short, I'm planning to review the Settings API in its current form,
taking the necessary steps to make it easier to use, optimize it and,
most of all, make it flexible enough to be adopted across the whole
framework. I'm aware this is a big challenge, and I'll surely need a
mentor to guide me through it, but I like the project and I'm confident
it addresses an aspect of WordPress that benefits every user.

The Google application is here:
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/nicobadano/1
And the link to it on my blog is right here:
http://www.miracledevs.com/gsoc-2013-wordpress-project/

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say about it!
Nico Badano