[wp-hackers] GSoC 2013 Proposal: Dashboard Widgets API

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Fri May 3 06:02:00 UTC 2013

Hi Ohad,

I am curious — do you have a vision for anything "new" this should bring?
Would the dashboard change, would more functionality be added, etc.? Do you
like the current design and functionality of the dashboard right now?

I think this is interesting, but if it is just a light API like WP_Widget
plus a reorganization of wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php (less than 1300
lines of PHP), I am not sure if this is enough for a summer-long project.
(I could be very wrong with that assessment, of course.)

Nacin