[wp-hackers] WordPress Maturity (was)Re: hate

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed May 1 04:04:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Mike Schinkel <mike at newclarity.net> wrote:

> What's my point here?  I'd simply like to see people who try to
> participate given more respect. Snap judgements for ticket closure without
> first making sure the ticket is understood can lead to a lot of discontent
> in the community, some of which is being evidenced by this thread.

Calling out a contributor by cherry-picking seven of his hundreds (probably
thousands) of comments is pretty lame. But given how much you've apparently
read Trac lately, I'm surprised you haven't realized that Marko's tone
isn't a matter of disrespect, but that English is not his first language.

Were they "snap" comments? Well, yeah — he was posting his initial
reaction. Nothing wrong with that. But not only were his comments mostly
dead-on, not a single of them are paired with an immediate ticket closure.

Nacin