[wp-hackers] Preserving EXIF data for image resizes

Marko Heijnen mailing at markoheijnen.nl
Mon Mar 25 16:55:28 UTC 2013

Hey Philip,

That plugin is obsolete since it's in core right now. That what Mike and also I presented about. You should check if your hosting company has ImageMagick (imagick) or GraphicsMagick (gmagick) installed.
Those two libraries will preserve the information. For Gmagick you do still need to use a plugin.

You can build a plugin for GD that restores the EXIF information to resized images. I'm pretty sure that can be done. It still one of those things on my list on how easy that is and if it can be in core or not.

Also if you aren't running on a VPS you can even recommend that. I would do so since you can then easily install gmagick and you will have lots of diskspace for the photos.

Marko

Op 25 mrt. 2013, om 17:28 heeft Philip Downer <philip at manifestbozeman.com> het volgende geschreven: