[wp-hackers] Looking for testers/contributors for multilingual plugin

Leho Kraav leho at kraav.com
Fri Jun 28 14:42:23 UTC 2013

On 28.06.2013 17:26, Nikola Nikolov wrote:
> Well the first and obvious difference - it's free, compared to WPML. As far
> as I'm aware - WPML creates additional tables in the database - and
> honestly I'm kind of really annoyed by such plugins(especially when you
> end-up with double the number of tables just by one plugin). Of course just
> the fact that it's free doesn't make it better. Actually I would probably
> recommend WPML for a company, since their CMS version is very affordable,
> especially if used in multiple projects. And it has one year of support and
> upgrades - which is pretty cool.

I've had a bunch of experience with WPML now and can say that
multi-lingual is a complicated thing to attack. Much more complicated
than it appears at first sight.

I guess it depends on what your scope is, but to gain any sort of real
market share eventually your plugin will need to solve a whole bunch of
issues.

>> I would really appreciate some comparison table type thing on "how is this
>> any better than WPML (or other established multi-lingual plugins, there are
>> more than just qT)"

If you come up with a good comparison matrix in your github README.md,
that alone is quite great value.