[wp-hackers] Using the Nav Menus UI else where

zanematthew at gmail.com zanematthew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:36:08 UTC 2013

Is it possible to use the existing Nav Menus UI else where within the admin?

What I'm looking to do is register a post type of "nav menu item", use it
from within custom page in the admin, then filter/hook into the interface
(changing some form fields, etc.)

I'm aware that nav menus is a custom post type (built-in) with custom
taxonomies.

I've dug around in core,
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/3.5.1/wp-admin/nav-menus.php,
finding functions, but from what I'm seeing it doesn't seem possible.

I'm trying to avoid copy/pasting/re-writing code from within core as much
as possible.

--
Zane Matthew Kolnik
443-804-8161