[wp-hackers] Need review and looking for a mentor

Aniket Pant me at aniketpant.com
Sat Jun 1 02:42:16 UTC 2013

Thomas,

Thank you for the response.

Even I think that backward compatibility will be a big issue that needs to
be taken care of. I thought about the points you put in and I was able to
come up with a plan.

I feel that if this change is to be implemented, it needs to be done when
the release cycle enters 4.x a change of this type cannot be catered by any
other method. Moreover, when this upgrade takes place, the user will get a
security message. If he approves the change, a script will check the
installed plugins and detect if they are compliant to the change. If
they're not, we deactivate the plugins.

Also, the database will be exported before the change, so that in case of a
failure, it can be rolled back.

The import/export functions will be changed accordingly.