[wp-hackers] Managing a lot of content editors, roles and permissions

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Wed Jul 31 17:20:13 UTC 2013

Alex, I'm facing a similar conundrum (or should I say fiefdom...).  Can
you elaborate?

You create a taxonomy for each division/department: abc.com/sales,
abc.com/development, etc.  And for that each of those you create a set of
author/editor/publisher/admin roles?  Is that right?

Each author is responsible for choosing the correct taxonomy for their new
content?  What if they choose incorrectly?  Do they see the entire
taxonomy, or just their window?  E.G., if I'm an author in Sales, do I see
all the departments in the Edit Post page?  Or just Sales?  Or does it
somehow just put my post in Sales?

Does this prevent an editor from division A from creating/editing content
in division B's taxonomy?  I assume so...

Thanks