[wp-hackers] On slug change, do something

J.D. Grimes jdg at codesymphony.co
Tue Jul 30 21:15:26 UTC 2013

> I searched the core, in one instance, the core uses it as
>
> do_action("edit_term", $term_id, $tt_id);
>

> and in another instance, as
>
> do_action("edit_term", $term_id, $tt_id, $taxonomy);
>

> as you see, in the former, the action takes 2 args whereas in the latter
> does it with 3.

Where are you seeing this? What is the file and line number? I just did a search and the "edit_term" action is called only once, in wp-includes/taxonomy.php (http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook/edit_term?version=3.5&file=wp-includes/taxonomy.php). It takes the three parameters as shown in your second example above. There is an "edit_$taxonomy" hook with calls like that of your first example, and there is also an "edit_terms" (plural) hook, but I don't see any other calls to "edit_term".

-J.D.