[wp-hackers] Detecting the present botnet attacks

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Thu Jul 11 19:02:49 UTC 2013

No black list is going to be perfect, but you might try:
http://www.projecthoneypot.org/httpbl_implementations.php

I've had some success with it recently shutting down attacks Joomla
sites.  Plus it is an Apache module, so no plugin and it works
automatically for all sites on the server.  Plus projecthoneypot has
been around for a long time and has a fairly large database.

I've seen no speed or resource issues on the server I've installed it
on.  That particular server hosts about 100 business sites each with a
typical traffic level for a non-interactive informational site.

Brian Layman