[wp-hackers] Possible Wordpress or MySQL bug on different Ubuntu versions?

Roberto Sanchez roberto at digitalbrands.com
Wed Jan 30 22:54:46 UTC 2013

Thanks for the feedback. It must be a change in the configuration that
tells MySQL how to read data then.

However, there is one more thing. The reason why I had to implement my
'hack-ish' solution is because I tried the equivalent from WP_Query and it
returned the posts in reverse 'score' order. In my first email I had
mentioned that changing the order from 'DESC' to 'ASC' had no effect on the
order, so I had to add the posts_orderby filter to change the orderby
clause from this:

ORDER BY wp_postmeta.value+0, wp_posts.ID DESC

to this

ORDER BY wp_postmeta.value+0 DESC, wp_posts.ID DESC

As far as I could tell, there's no way to specify individual ordering for
each orderby parameter. Is there a way to do this, or is the filter the
only way?

Thanks very much for the assistance!