[wp-hackers] Extending new media uploader modal

Simon Dunton - WP Sites simon at wpsites.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 10:49:46 UTC 2013

+1 for this

I've got a plugin that I maintain that resizes images before they are uploaded to the server by hooking into Plupload and turning on the resize functionality. It doesn't really work since the new media upload system has been added to the post/page screen.

I even emailed Koop who seems responsible for most of the implementation but no reply. Maybe not the right thing to do anyway but I'm running out of options!

Actually, thinking about it the modal window part of the implementation doesn't really concern me. It's the Plupload/uploader I could do with a little more info on.

There is a pretty good blog post somewhere about interacting/extending the modal part of the media uploader but I can't remember where.

Simon