[wp-hackers] Is WP_INSTALLING constant here to stay?

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Tue Jan 22 19:26:48 UTC 2013

> What's truly straightforward is not playing guessing games. I am not
> sure if you intend to distribute this plugin. But, because it is bad
> practice, we're pretty much at the point where plugins are and/or
> should be rejected from the wordpress.org directory for referencing
> wp-load.php or wp-config.php directly. Nacin

Nacin,

I totally understand what you and Otto are saying, but then please
answer my question: is it better to load 30Mb+ of stuff or just
'reinvent the wheel' (i.e. build a small library that replicates some of
the basic wpdb functionality, like prepare and query) and use just 50Kb
of memory on the user's server? That's the only reason why I am doing
this. If you guys think that overloading servers for the sake of
'straightforwardness' is what a good plugin developed should do, then
I'm more than happy to go ahead and rewrite that piece ;)

Cheers,
Dino.