[wp-hackers] Is WP_INSTALLING constant here to stay?

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Tue Jan 22 13:17:26 UTC 2013

Good morning, all,

for a plugin I'm working on, I need to user some WordPress functions in
an external file. I'm loading it with the usual wp-load.php include, but
apparently some plugins don't like that, and throw a fatal error,
breaking my code. Thanks to St. Google, I found out that there's a
constant that can be used to tell Wordpress to not load any plugins:

define('WP_INSTALLING', true);

Now my question to core developers is if this approach is correct and if
I can rely on it for the foreseeable future. Otherwise, my question
becomes: what is the best way to load just the CORE without all the
stuff added by plugins and themes?

Thank you,
Dino