[wp-hackers] What's the best way of knowing which wordpress event to hook into?

Dobri dyordan1 at ramapo.edu
Fri Jan 18 20:44:06 UTC 2013

Hey there!

Out of curiosity I checked and, if you look at the definition of the do_action function, you can see the following line:

* @global array $wp_actions Increments the amount of times action was triggered.

That's actually fairly obvious once you look at the code of the function itself, but whatever. Just a wild guess, you can probably hook to the shutdown hook and just save the value of this global array to database/flat file/whatever and then look at it later. Treat it like a hook log, no?