[wp-hackers] Removing edit theme files features

Simon Weil simon.weil at naturalint.com
Fri Jan 18 07:48:33 UTC 2013

I enjoying the conversation, many good points have come up.

The editing on the back end is both useful and dangerus therefore I must
agree with Otto about enhancing the editor rather than disabling it.

For locking the edit option I personally use for all my sites Better WP
Security that adds/removes the constant from the config.php.

I think the following summarizes the discussed enhancments:
1. Code high lighting
2. Syntax checker
3. Sandbox of some kind
4. Basic revision control

Manybe Wpide and 'advanced code editor' by bainternet can be some starting
point for a better built-in editor.

Simon
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Bryan Petty <bryan at ibaku.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>> Good point. Maybe it should save revisions of the files when you use
>> the editor too.
>
> I'll remember you said that the next time you say programmers don't
> need version control.

I've never said programmers don't need version control, but thanks for
playing regardless.

-Otto