[wp-hackers] Editing or extending a child theme

Bryan Gentry bryangentry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:30:00 UTC 2013

A client hired me to make some modifications to his website, which is using
two themes he bought (a parent theme and its child theme). Neither the
parent nor the child theme are very extensible for the changes they want
made, which leaves me making my changes directly in the child theme files,
ready to be wiped out at the next update.

I considered the possibility of trying to make a child theme of the child
theme, but I've read before (in this list) that it is not advisable to
create child themes of child themes. Is this because it is usually
overboard to create a child theme of a child theme, or is it because doing
such will not work?

Bryan