[wp-hackers] Child plugins (add-ons) (Dino Termini)

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Sat Feb 16 20:19:54 UTC 2013

David and Marko,

paid add-ons are exactly what I’m planning to do with my plugin. At first I
had taken the same route as David’s, but then I realized it was an awful
lot of code to write, both for the store and the management part, and
that’s when I started looking at existing solutions like CodeCanyon or
WpXtreme as the channels to distribute those premium add-ons. But I would
still like to have a way to alert premium users when a new version of a
given add-on is available on one of those platforms, and that’s where I
might be able to reuse portions of David’s code (see? APIs once again would
encourage collaboration!). Which, by the way, doesn't seem ‘weird’ to me at
all ;)

I know this topic has been discussed many times, but maybe the time is ripe
to actually do something about it?

David, I will get in touch with you, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Dino