[wp-hackers] Different background colors for different code blocks to help keep organized code

BenderisGreat greglancaster71 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 17:44:07 UTC 2013

I am looking for a way to keep my php code organized, and it occurred to me
that an opaque background color on different blocks of code would be the
easiest way to easily identify which block I am searching for.  I use
dreamweaver right now, and sometimes a program called brackets.  Neither
support a MS Word "highlight" style for different code blocks.   Does anyone
have any suggestions or recommendations on how I could go about this.

I did search all the plugin directories as well, and it looks like as far as
I can tell, this does not exist.  It would be a massive help to keep my code
organized - and I realize this is not wordpress specific, but some of the
brightest programmers are on this mailing list, so if this plugin exists (or
if I am to receive good advice for keeping code blocks organized and easily
identifiable) this is the place to discover it.