[wp-hackers] Set preferred version?

Luke Bryan lukebryan at sharefaith.com
Mon Aug 19 18:10:28 UTC 2013

Greetings all,

I was curious if there is a way to set a max update-able version of certain
plugins, until they are fully tested in our environment? For example, this
could make sure no users update to NextGen 2.x which is broken in various
ways.

I tried the 'plugins_api' filter, which works for searching plugins, but it
only changes the displayed version in "add new" plugins page.

I was curious if anyone else has done this, if so do you have to mirror the
WP repository with older versions, or is there a simple switch/hook to set
the preferred version?

Best regards,
Luke