[wp-hackers] Limit Login Attempts

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Apr 16 15:39:48 UTC 2013

"Does that overlook something important?"

Well, unless you whitelist your own IP address to bypass the login lockout,
then if the brute-force attack attacks your actual username, you could find
yourself locked out of your own site.

Another solution is to .htaccess whitelist your own IP address for
wp-login.php, but that may not exactly be a low-maintenance solution
(dynamic IP addresses, logging in from multiple locations/IP
addresses/devices, etc.).