[wp-hackers] Limit Login Attempts

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Apr 16 14:53:34 UTC 2013

If 90,000 unique IP addresses are attempting a brute-force attack, in which
no single IP address makes more than a handful of attempts, how effective
will it be to limit login attempts by IP address?

I would support the inclusion of Limit Login Attempts in core, based on its
utility; however, it won't do any particular good in dealing with the full
potential of the current attack.