[wp-hackers] GSoC Proposal: JSON REST API

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Wed Apr 10 14:36:13 UTC 2013

Alex Andrews wrote:
> +1 for this.
>
> Having investigated the JSON plugins out there I have never found a decent
> one that integrates well. I'd love to use WordPress to easily with JS
> frameworks (including Backbone.js which comes with WordPress now) but
> haven't had the energy or the time to implement a full and stable version
> to do basic stuff and full custom post type things.
>
> Is this Gist usable?

The whole thing is usable, yes, and I'm currently using the core of the
API in Feast: https://github.com/rmccue/Feast

It is just a start and it's soalphaithurts, so please don't use it in
production. Working with Backbone, I've made some small improvements to
it already (for example, renaming ID to id as per the Backbone convention).

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>