[wp-hackers] Best way to disassociate a post from a term or multiple terms

William Satterwhite whsatterwhite at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 21:54:08 UTC 2012

I've got a meta box using custom fields to replace the default WordPress
taxonomy meta boxes and I was wondering what would be the best function or
code snippet to disassociate a post from term(s)? Right now when the post
is saved or updated I'm checking to see if the term field for a particular
taxonomy has been posted and if not I'm doing the following:

wp_set_post_terms( $post_id, '', 'my_custom_taxonomy' );

Thanks!
--
Hunter Satterwhite
http://linkedin.com/in/hsatterwhite