[wp-hackers] No More Blogroll

Anca Mosoiu anca at anca.tv
Sat Sep 22 05:37:09 UTC 2012

I'm glad to see these in a plugin.  I've been using links extensively in some of my projects and they are indeed useful, but sadly overlooked.

Why not use a menu?

Links can be categorized, so if you use a lot of custom links  you can list them by category them and manage each URL in one place even though you use it in several lists.  This can be very helpful if a lot of your site is just lists of links to external resources (such as for an intranet or a reference site).

You can add a description and a custom image right from the interface, not needing to create a custom CSS class to add a menu image.

Menus are very useful for most of the stuff that people used links for, but they are not the same thing.

Anca.