[wp-hackers] Changing page permalink structure
benjamin.lupu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:03:13 UTC 2012
I try to find a way to change the permalink structure for Wordpress pages.
Here why :
- I have a site heavily based on pages (rather than posts)
- I have activated permalinks
- By default page permalinks reproduce the breadcrumb to the page :
page slug]/[subpage 1 slug]/[subpage 2 slug]/[final subpage slug]
- This structure is fine. However, sometimes I move pages or slightly
modify the page tree
- It causes permalinks to change as page/subpages dependencies have changed
- That's a real SEO problem for me as I have to manage 301 redirections by
- To simplify that, I woud like to have "real" permalinks, meaning
permalinks that don't change wherever the pages are positioned in the tree
We have looked in the code for hooks allowing us to manipulate page
permalinks but it seems that's not possible.
Did someone have a solution for this kind of problem ?
Thank you in advance for your help.
More information about the wp-hackers