[wp-hackers] easy way to change upload directory

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Oct 14 05:53:20 UTC 2012

Using the define is supported and probably the best way If you want it
hard coded. The filter will also work fine.
I'm not sure, but you might also have the upload_path and
upload_url_path via wp-admin/options.php, but I'd avoid that route, as
the constant will work right for the job.

See http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21720 for where it was removed.