[wp-hackers] Enabling pretty url search redirect

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Nov 21 16:57:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Tom Barrett <tcbarrett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Still leaves me wondering why it isn't core behaviour. There are no
> caveat's to Mark's code, and I only learnt about /search/ when I tried to
> add it myself and found it already there. The lack of redirect made me
> think that /search/ wasn't there. But it is.

Search is generally accessed from form submissions, which helpfully puts
?s= into the URL,
so it's not like we are simply changing how our links a generated, which is
fairly easy. A redirect
for every search provide the pretty URL can feel unnecessary.

I think it would be nice if you could turn it on with nothing more than a
filter. Maybe for 3.6.

Nacin