[wp-hackers] Overriding the template

Christian Gundersson christian at buro2.se
Sun Nov 18 22:01:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been asked to adapt an existing WP site to mobile, but the current "theme" (emphasis on the "") will be a nightmare to handle. The client also wants the structure and content to be slightly different on the frontpage. Oh, and I also don't want to muck with the urls and create a /mob/ directory or subdomain or what have you.

I had an idea that perhaps I could write a separate template file and maybe do a check-for-mobile/switch-to-mobile thing. Any thoughts and/or ideas how this could be done? Suggestions? I'll take anything really :)

Cheers
Christian