[wp-hackers] child themes of child themes (grandchildren)

Kirk Wight kwight at kwight.ca
Fri Nov 9 15:59:48 UTC 2012

Currently it's not possible to create a child theme of a child theme. Can
someone explain the limitation? Is it a technical limitation, most likely
never to be changed, or is it simply something low on the list of
implementation? Maybe a sanity thing (endless child themes piled up would
be pretty unmanageable)?

Just curious. I always want someone to have the chance of making a child
theme of a theme I distribute, which means I'll always distribute parent
themes on /extend and to clients.