[wp-hackers] url image resizing

Marko Heijnen mailing at markoheijnen.nl
Fri Nov 2 15:38:13 UTC 2012

You can use something like WPThumb. With that plugin you can create your own sizes of an image on the fly.
I never used it but as far as I can tell it only create images by your own PHP implementation. So no direct calls.

Also in 3.5 WordPress image manipulation code has completely been rewritten/restructured.
So when that will be released in 3.5 you can create a new image in just a few lines of code. Some write up you can find at http://markoheijnen.com/wordpress-new-image-manipulation/.
We are still busy with getting the code in the way we want but it should be awesome to have in WordPress core. Also there are some future plans to make it even more easier.

Marko

Op 2 nov. 2012, om 11:20 heeft "chris mccoy" <chris at lod.com> het volgende geschreven: