[wp-hackers] url image resizing

Neil Pie bacon at neilpie.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 10:33:35 UTC 2012

I've always used add_image_size() but have never been too happy with the way it creates multiple versions of every image with no way of preventing this.

wrapping image_resize() in a conditional and then creating images 'on the fly' seems to be a solution to this, but is there any reason that add_image_size is a preferable method?