[wp-hackers] url image resizing

Braydon ronin at braydon.com
Fri Nov 2 08:52:34 UTC 2012

Okay thanks, this is also a good option.

I did see some notes about there being a big security problem found, and
having to track down themes that were using it being difficult. I looks
like TimThumb cache can be set to the system /tmp and to be able to
disable external images, for better security. It also seems like this
would be possible to quickly overload a system by requesting all kinds
of different sizes of images based on the url. I'm not sure what could
be done about that other than apache modules, or some php that would
limit the number of resizes from an IP over a period of time.

On 11/02/2012 01:13 AM, Frank Bueltge wrote:
> TimThumb was in the last time a security problem; only as hint.
> Also you can use the possibilities from WordPress core and different
> functions; see this repo for useable functions.
> https://github.com/bueltge/WP-Image-Resizer
> Best regards
>

> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Braydon <ronin at braydon.com> wrote:
>
>> Excellent, just what I need.
>>
>> On 11/02/2012 12:31 AM, Tache Madalin wrote:
>>> Try googling for timthumb. Thats the script you want ;)

>> http://en.blog.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/your-music-your-website.jpg?w=500

>> --
>> Braydon Fuller
>> http://aweplanet.com/braydon