[wp-hackers] Whippet: a standalone dev server for WordPress

Harry Metcalfe harry at dxw.com
Thu May 31 16:29:17 UTC 2012

Hello,

We've been working on a stand-alone web server for doing WordPress
development without having to mess around with Apache. It's made life
easier for us, and so we decided to release it and see if it's useful to
anyone else. From the readme:

> Whippet launches a stand-alone web server for a specific WordPress
> installation. It makes WordPress easier to develop with, for example,
> by adding lots of debug information to the terminal without cluttering
> up or breaking your templates.
>
> Whippet allows you to run and work on a WordPress website without
> having to use Apache and without having to set up a virtualhost. You
> don't even have to have your WordPress files -- Whippet will happily
> run from a wp-content folder by itself.

https://github.com/dxw/whippet

Would be great to hear what people think!

Cheers,

Harry