[wp-hackers] proper action to hook into for styles and scripts

Heiko Rabe heiko.rabe at code-styling.de
Mon May 28 17:02:28 UTC 2012

Enqueue styles and scripts is he right way doing I also would prefere.
But the most common mistake made at attaching additional scripts and style
is:

- polluting all admin pages with scripts only intended for frontend
- polluting all admin pages with admin intended script but only for few
plugin based pages

So you should also write conditional tests, wether you are producing a front
page output and skip enqueue of admin scripts. You should also test, if your
are at admin pages and avoid frontend enqueue.
Furthermore you should also separate by conditional tests, if your
plugin/theme page is about to be shown at backend and enqueue your admin
scripts only, if your page is about to be rendered!

Most incompatibilities of plugins are forced by polluting the entired admin
pages with scripts never intended for all admin pages.

Regards

Heiko
(www.code-styling.de)