[wp-hackers] ajax and posts

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:09:21 UTC 2012

This plugin may do what you want, or you might At least get some ideas from it:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bcms/

Two features to be aware of:

+ Wijax allows you to deliver any widget via ajax. You can lazy load the widget or fetch widgets from different sites. It adds a new endpoint to the perms link structure so that you can go to any post  permalink, add /wijax/encoded_name and get widgets relevant for that context.

+ the post loop widget puts all the power if WP's post loop into a widget. You can get WP's default post for the given URL/permalink, select posts related to the default posts, or select an entirely different set of posts.

Together, you can deliver a post or set of posts via ajax.

--Casey Bisson