[wp-hackers] How to make $post->ID global

David Law wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk
Fri May 11 15:04:40 UTC 2012

Thanks for the idea, couldn't get it to work, but figured out why.

Since the code is within the TwentyEleven header image code which is
enclosed within add_action( 'after_setup_theme', .... I couldn't get the
post id in anyway within that code. Changing 'after_setup_theme' to
'wp_head' allowed my original code to work.

Time to check the implications of this change on child themes as it looks
like it was added so child themes could override the header images, probably
not an issue for my theme as I have a way for child themes to override
almost everything.

David