[wp-hackers] adding HTML to readme.txt

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri May 11 11:16:07 UTC 2012

Can you explain what exactly it's used to achieve? (Sorry, The
wikipedia page didn't really help me understand what your use-case
is).
To be honest, from the sniplet of HTML you've given I wouldn't expect
that to be displayed verbatim, simply due to needing to control what
HTML is output to prevent plugins breaking things.

The bbPress plugin that powers the Plugin directory is open source:
http://plugins-svn.bbpress.org/svn-browser/trunk/
I unfortunately have a feeling that that's a bit out of date with
what's currently used, and I can't actually find the readme parser
there anymore, but there might be something there to help you.