[wp-hackers] Changing username - WordPress

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Wed May 9 12:36:46 UTC 2012

Serialization in WP Multisite would be my first guess.

Speaking from a purely administrative standpoint, users who change their username come in two kinds.

1) People who made bad usernames and want to rectify their lack of foresight
2) a**hats who like to pretend to be other people, just to piss you off

Because of #2, I've always been pro-locking a username down. Display name, fine. But your user name is your username. Choose wisely, Indy.

----
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org