[wp-hackers] Media permalinks?

onlyunusedname onlyunusedname at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:26:58 UTC 2012

Can someone please give me an early morning troubleshooting assist.

I have a client WordPress 3.3.2 site for which the permalink redirects were
not working this morning.  (I am not getting any useful tips about what the
client did, but it was a 3.3.1 site last I touched it, so...)

The behavior was that the root index page came up fine (but imageless) but
all the links went nowhere because permalink redirects weren't happening.
I logged in and reset the permalinks and the pages began to redirect again,
but I still have no images.

I'm this is a simple enough matter, but it has caught me by surprise and I
really can't afford to lose the morning to it.  Can anyone steer me in the
right direction, please?

Thanks for any help.