[wp-hackers] Sorting by column value

Dmitry Tokmakov dmitry at getmoxied.net
Mon Mar 26 16:33:28 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Short description of my problem:
I have a custom post type called "press_articles",

With the code below I have created custom column, with the custom value.

add_filter('manage_press_articles_posts_columns' , 'add_press_articles_columns');
add_action( 'manage_press_articles_posts_custom_column','custom_columns', 10, 2 );

function custom_columns( $column, $post_id ) {
 switch ( $column ) {
 case 'featured_article':
    $featured_flag = get_post_meta($post_id,'dt_featured_press_radio', true);
   if ( is_string( $featured_flag ) ) {
     echo $featured_flag;
   } else {
     echo 'Unable to get value';
   }
   break;
 }
}

Everything is working fine,
but sorting by column is not.

Any ideas on how implement sorting by column value ?
like when you go to your posts and click by header of date column to sort your posts by date.

Thanks,
Dmitry