[wp-hackers] Unit testing for WordPress

Mario Peshev mario at peshev.net
Thu Mar 22 21:02:47 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I've been reviewing the Automated Testing page in the Codex -
http://codex.wordpress.org/Automated_Testing - and downloaded the sample
tests out there. It is using a separate testing environment - a separate
install to run the tests on.

Since I would like to write my own tests, is there a pack I could add to my
existing install and write only read-only tests (I keep backups of my demo
site as well)? I tried copying only wp-test.php but it has several
dependencies and I was curious if there is a sample pack to be added to
every install of mine in order to test my plugins and/or install.

On the other hand, is there a better option other than PHPUnit such as
QUnit for unit testing in WordPress?

Mario Peshev
Training and Consulting Services @ DevriX
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mpeshev