[wp-hackers] newbie question on custom page templates

Anca Mosoiu anca at anca.tv
Mon Mar 12 15:34:11 UTC 2012

The bare list of posts that you see for category pages is what WordPress displays for a category when the theme doesn't do anything else.  You might want to start by looking at the WordPress Template Hierarchy page so that you can see how to create your custom category templates:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

Many premium themes have carousels, portfolios, and other ways of displaying the category content.  However, that's something that's up to you - you get to decide what kind of information and layout should be on each category template.

Anca.