[wp-hackers] Percona Server and WordPress

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Thu Mar 8 21:26:03 UTC 2012

Has any one tried running Percona Server on their WP configs?
http://www.percona.com/software/percona-server/

It is a drop in replacement for MySQL and has impressive stats.  They
brag about being some 40% faster than MySQL InnoDB
http://www.percona.com/software/percona-server/benchmarks/
(I do note that this stat comparison is from 2010 and MySQL 5.5.8 and
MySQL 5.5 is on 20 now.  So maybe there isn't as much of a difference
any more or they'd have updated that page?)

Percona Server appears to be free and available in deb and RPM repos:
http://www.percona.com/downloads/Percona-Server-5.5/Percona-Server-5.5.20-24.1/

I was just wondering if anyone has moved to this MySQL replacement as an
optimization step. And if so, if they'd be willing to share their
thoughts and impressions of the process.

--
Brian Layman